TITLE: Business Development Representative
Organization/Department: Product Management
Reports To: VP, Technology and Product Management
The Business Development Representative (BDR) reports to the VP of Technology and Product Management. As a BDSR, you will research and generate new business opportunities by following processes to prospect into business accounts. The marketing team will provide you with a list of companies that fit within our target markets. You will research company capabilities and organizational structure to determine if they are a fit for the services we provide and develop contacts that that you can e-mail, call and set appointments for our sales teams.
The BDR will conduct high-level conversations with senior executive contacts about their business, their marketing issues and their operations. During these conversations, you will determine if they have interest in our services and if they can be progressed as a Sales Qualified Lead. As leads are progressed through their sales lifecycle, you will participate as part of the strategic selling team by providing further research as we learn more about their service needs and their organization.
The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Learn and execute processes to generate new sales opportunities
- Market company’s solutions to potential customers
- Work with marketing to discover opportunities from various leads
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Strategize with top-producing sales managers
- Setup appointments with qualified prospects for sales managers
- Research prospective accounts and map their organizational structure,
- Research prospective account for market fit with services we provide
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with senior execs around their business needs
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- Track and maintain customer contact and their records within CRM
Skills & Requirements
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in tech sales
- 2+ years sales or related market/business experience
- Candidates should have one of the following:
- sales experience or other related business experience
- com experience is a plus
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and a great phone manner
- Creative thinker: Must have the ability to think effectively, develop ideas and provide solutions to problems as they present themselves
- A desire to do and achieve brilliant things!
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you
- You want to make a real difference
- You are naturally entrepreneurial
- You are street smart
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, it is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. It is frequently required to operate a computer.
- This position is not qualified for telecommuting