TITLE: Database Administrator
Organization/Department: Source Central Platform
Reports To: Business Process Manager
Source’s relentless goal is to provide world-class support to enterprise customers and value to our partners through the use and seamless integration of Source Central; Source’s innovative service management and automation platform leveraging Salesforce.com. The Database Administrator reports directly to Source’s Business Process Manager and is an integral member of the Source Technology team.
As a Database Administrator you are primarily responsible for implementing and managing data based on Source’s data and records management policies; this includes data coordination, data validation, data access rules, data integrity, data privacy, data loading and data management activities across all Source platforms that store customer, prospect, field service technician, end-user, logistics and case management information. In addition, this role will troubleshoot and work with end users to ensure applications meet their needs and keep pace with changes in program operations, policies and procedures. This role will have Active participation working in conjunction with other Department Leaders.
The successful candidate understands business process and can adhere and enforce processes to ensure compliance with all organizational records and document management policies and data integrity protocols. Additionally, the successful candidate independently investigates and explores user interfaces and other data access points to determine potential ways to improve enforcement of data access and data integrity policies while improving user experience (UX), customer experience (CX) and operational efficiencies.
Crucial tasks include effectively working in both independent and highly collaborative work environments, being able to understand the interdependencies between business processes, programs and systems to successfully plan, develop and implement Salesforce changes. Regular interaction with decision makers across multiple departments is expected to develop and implement process & systems improvements to enhance the customer experience and drive efficiency. The Database Administrator tasks will include evaluating business processes, documenting requirements, and performing user acceptance testing.
Exceptional time management skills and excellent verbal & written communications skills are required. Able to multitask efficiently and consult on complex projects as needed. Knowledge of common project management toolsets and techniques is required to ensure completion on time, within budget and scope.
Success requires the utmost in responsiveness, disciplined self-direction, superior multi-tasking, relentless follow-through, clear & succinct communication and skill to manage important projects often under tight deadlines. Expect regular interaction with customers, team members, sales associates, executive management and others. Must continuously demonstrate professionalism and a maintain keen sense of quality and the customer experience. Additionally, Source relentlessly pursues continuous improvement. The Database Administrator is expected to drive regular improvements to processes and systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Daily Administration and Support of Source Central App included but not limited to user setup, profiles, roles, object management, validation rules and flows
- Evaluate 3rd party solutions and/or apps based on project need or business request
- Collaborate on testing process, test plans, test cases, setting up testing environment
- Ensuring adoption of Salesforce best practices
- Logging and tracking identified system problems through resolution
- Updating, implementing and maintaining salesforce data-related procedures
- Working with end-users and management to document, design, test and deploy complex processes
- Inform end users about new system functionality and provide documentation
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Comprehensive construct of data validation techniques for determining data health to ensure validity, and adequacy of data
- Audits all implemented backup tools and technologies and provides analysis of backup health, risks, and opportunities for improvement
- Monitors daily backup and restore reports and proactively notifies management of any potential impact of a requested data restore request before the data request is authorized
- Works closely with Director of Platform to ensure data management services remain capable of meeting ongoing and future requirements
- Works closely with Business Process Manager to ensure organization Data Records & Retention Policies are capable of meeting ongoing and future requirements, including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Ensures all data records, archives have technology-enabled solutions, security to detect threats and prevent data losses
- Assist with all data-related, data-recovery, data-analysis, data-reporting requests/issues
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas, findings and recommendations
- Providing concise status reports on a regular basis
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science/Systems or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Proven project management experience working in the information technology sector.
- Experience with Excel, Data Loader, other connectors
Required Technical Skills
- SFDC Admin 201 (Desired) or 80% trailblazer badges for Admin
- Data Loader
- Interface with staff developing strategy as technical advisor for new functionality from Salesforce app exchange, releases and upgrades
- Proven ability to author & execute detailed test plans
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Practical experience with various project management tools and techniques
- Strong process troubleshooting skills
- Superior team-oriented attitude & desire to constantly embrace new ways of delivering results
- Proven process re-engineering & implementation skills
- Experience using Salesforce Service Cloud preferred
- Strong technical background preferred
Required Soft Skills
Excellent client-facing and internal communications skills
Dedication and relentless focus on customer satisfaction and follow-through
Excellent written, oral & interpersonal communications skills
Able to effectively interact with technical & non-technical people
Ability to multi-task, juggle competing priorities & thrive in fast-paced environment
Demonstrate a calming influence if the face of stress and challenging situations
Experience, judgment and drive to plan, make decisions and accomplish individual & team goals
Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Highly organized, self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
Manage all internal & external interactions in a professional and courteous manner
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Expected to work at Source’s office unless other arrangements have been agreed to
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable performance of essential job functions
- Regularly required to sit, use hands/fingers, speak and listen
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Low to moderate noise volume