TITLE: Field Engineer Business Manager
Organization/Department: Technical Resource Group (TRG)
Reports To: VP, Services Delivery
Source’s relentless goal is to provide world-class service to enterprise IT customers & partners by creating client value. A key differentiator is our TechworksSM Field Engineering (FE) network which enables Source to offer global technical on-site services in a cost-effective, scalable way. Unlike many competitors who manage FEs as employees, Source Techworks offers an on-demand team of field service professionals who are sourced directly and through strategic partnerships. For the various markets served by Source, FEs expertly deliver hardware break/fix, preventive maintenance and installation services.
The newly-defined FE Partner Business Manager is a key role responsible for FE Partner business development, Workmarket and Field Nation best practices, the Techworks commercial strategy, the quality and compliance of all FEs in the network and the overall FE/Partner marketing strategy.
FE Partner business development includes searching, recruiting and onboarding new FE Partners while sustainably growing existing FE Partner relationships to meet Source’s business objectives. Responsibilities further include innovating new implementation approaches for FE Partner engagement, qualification, nurturing & feedback. FE Partner development is facilitated by leveraging an aggressive marketing automation strategy coupled with strategic human interactions.
The Techworks commercial strategy is built with the support of Finance and includes understanding FE costs internally and in the market and using this data to set reasonable rate guidelines for our FEs and FE Partners. This information is used to guide the Support Operations Center to optimally set up work orders in Field Nation and Workmarket ensuring that rates conform to guidelines. It is also imperative to understand and implement the most effective ways to market to FEs on both platforms. In addition, this role is directly responsible to manage FE quality and compliance staff who ensure that quality goals are achieved and that increasingly complex compliance requirements are realized and monitored.
Success requires strong business acumen, interpersonal skills, time management, excellent verbal/written communications and an ability to effectively consult and collaborate on complex issues. In addition, you must exhibit superior skills in prioritization, responsiveness, self-direction, multi-tasking, follow-through and ability to manage challenging situations under tight deadlines and in demanding situations.
Expect regular interactions with current and prospective FE Partners, team members, Sales, executives and others. Leading by example is key and promoting Source’s culture of quality is foundational. This role must guide the FE Partners to ever-increasing engagement with Source, demonstrate professionalism and a maintain keen sense of quality and the customer experience. Additionally, Source relentlessly pursues continuous improvement and you are expected to drive improvements individually and to the FE Partners and their respective FE networks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working directly with FE partners to set mutually beneficial goals, enhance relationships, ensure retention and build new opportunities
- Maximizing FE Partner effectiveness by ensuring their FEs meet certification/compliance requirements and Source rate expectations
- Leveraging Finance to create and maintain a strategy to optimize commercial interactions with FEs and FE Partners
- Using a highly leveraged, marketing-centric approach to FE Partner recruitment, engagement, nurturing and quality
- Preparing FE Partners for new Source customer engagements including the offloading of direct FE recruitment and cooperation to ensure training and certification compliance.
- Proactively recruiting and onboarding FE resource partners into our network to match our service requirements using internal databases, external talent network platforms and established relationships
- Directly managing FE Partner escalations to successful conclusion
- Developing and maintaining FE Partner performance scorecard of key performance indicators
- Managing FE Partner quarterly business reviews and other meetings to provide Techworks updates and to deliver/receive feedback
- Adhering to established procedures & protocols to ensure superior customer satisfaction
- Building expertise to guide staff on best practice marketing and service delivery methods for Workmarket and Field Nation
- Modeling responsiveness & integrity in all communications
- Ensuring that quality and compliance goals are continuously met
- Understanding target markets and preparing FE Partners to support new opportunities in advance of formal customer onboarding
- Providing concise, relevant status reports on a regular basis
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Business or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated competence with business development & partnership management internationally and domestically
- While not a channel sales role, channel sales or similar partner experience is preferable
- Solid understanding of marketing concepts, strategies, automation and methodologies
Required Technical Skills
- Excellent analytic, process & critical thinking skills
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud preferred
- Technical background helpful
Required Soft Skills
- Superior team-oriented attitude & desire to constantly embrace new approaches
- Dedication and relentless focus on customer satisfaction and follow-through
- Excellent written, oral & interpersonal communications skills
- Able to effectively interact with technical & non-technical people
- Desire to further mentorship & leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, juggle competing priorities & thrive in fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to quickly learn new & adapt to new concepts
- Demonstrate a calming influence if the face of stress and challenging situations
- Experience, judgment and drive to plan, make decisions and accomplish individual goals
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly organized, self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
- Manage all internal & external interactions in a professional and courteous manner
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Expected to work at Source’s office unless other arrangements are agreed
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable performance of essential job functions
- Ability to efficiently operate a computer is expected
- Regularly required to sit, use hands/fingers, speak and listen
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Low to moderate noise volume