TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
Organization/Department: Operations / Logistics
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Global Logistics Coordinator provides support to all customers that have parts consignment to the Company and assistance to the Global Logistics Manager in all activities related to Parts Management.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Serve as Liaison between Customer and Vendors, coordinate the opening of new FSL’s (Forward Stock Locations) (Domestic and International)
- Coordinate customer requests for parts movements globally. Knowledge of import and export regulations to review Country Origin Shipping Instructions and implement requirements into Commercial Invoice.
- Reporting of global inventory: Monitor, Track and Report the Supply Chain request for flow of goods via semi live report.
- Work and interface with 3PL services/vendors and any other tasks needed to provide “Platinum Level” Logistics services.
- Create and implement “Special Projects’ requested by Partner
- Provide overall planning for smaller consignment customers and assist as back-up support for colleagues in their absence.
- Work with Baxter / Choice planning tools for consignment customers –reviewing daily report / feeds
- Coordinate with IT to ensure consistent quality data feeds are reported into Baxter planning system, Salesforce and Ascent. Assist with resolving integration issues.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure all inbound parts are on time and routed to all necessary FSL locations: Create Purchases order request
- Coordinate with Help Desk & Customer to troubleshoot and resolve delivery issues. Create Quality Events.
- Maintain Salesforce: create Warehouse and Locations, add Parts
- Work closely with Sales and Account Managers to support the customer’s needs and requests
- Minimum Associates degree or equivalent in Logistics Management/Business Administration discipline:
- 2 + years’ experience in a logistics environment:
- Project Management experience – Preferred
- Understanding of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Dependable and thorough approach to day to day activities with a “Whatever it Takes” attitude
- Keen Sense of Urgency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Logistics Management/Business Administration discipline
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Basic problem-solving skills, common sense
- Understanding of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of MS Office products – heavy in excel
- Experience with Score carding and support metrics
- Excellent customer service skills, written and verbal
- Experience in supporting customer requests in same day environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred but not required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. It is frequently required to operate a computer.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low volume.