TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
Organization/Department: Operations / Logistics
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Global Logistics Coordinator provides support to all customers that have parts consignment to the Company and assistance to the Global Logistics Manager in all activities related to Parts Management. Also does Logistics billing.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Serve as Liaison between Customer and Vendors.
- Reporting of global inventory: Monitor, Track and Report the Supply Chain request for flow of goods via reporting.
- Communicate with Customer via email and online meetings to review all open transfer orders and resolve present and potential issues.
- Work and interface with 3PL services/vendors and any other tasks needed to provide “Platinum Level” Logistics services.
- Create and implement “Special Projects’ requested by Partner.
- Provide back-up support for colleagues in their absence.
- Coordinate with IT to ensure consistent quality for Customers. Assist with resolving integration issues.
- Coordinate with Help Desk & Customer to troubleshoot and resolve delivery issues. Create Quality Events.
- Proactively communicate with carriers to track and resolve all current and potential issues.
- Work closely with Sales and Account Managers to support the customer’s needs and requests.
- Coordinates and schedules defective return pickups with Customer’s End Users.
- Provide data analysis and metrics, Weekly and monthly for Customers and Management as requested.
- Track and log Vendor errors and exceptions in the Vendor portal.
- Work closely with Warehouse, Reverse logistics to control exceptions and issues with defective returns.
- 2 + years’ experience in a logistics environment – Preferred
- Project Management experience – Preferred
- Understanding of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Dependable and thorough approach to day to day activities with a “Whatever it Takes” attitude
- Keen Sense of Urgency
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Basic problem-solving skills, common sense
- Working knowledge of MS Office products – heavy in excel
- Experience with Score carding and support metrics
- Excellent customer service skills, written and verbal
- Experience in supporting customer requests in same day environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred but not required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. It is frequently required to operate a computer.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low volume.