TITLE: Sr. Marketing Development Representative
Organization/Department: Product Management
Reports To: VP, Technology and Product Management
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As the Senior Marketing Development Representative, you will be a senior member of our marketing team responsible for generating new business opportunities through the identification, research, and analysis of fit, return on investment, and strengths and weaknesses of new vertical markets and their respective sub-segments, execution of go-to-market plans within chosen verticals, the development and quality of leads provided to sales and the overall development of sales within chosen markets.
You will work closely with the marketing team to develop vertical market specific content as well as lead acquisition and nurturing plans that produce high quality leads that our Enterprise OEM Service sales teams can convert into sales opportunities. You will also be closely partnered with our Enterprise OEM Service sales teams to prepare them to prospect within new vertical markets and accompany them as necessary to engage in the development of opportunities and determination of technical requirements and/or positioning.
The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with across organizational teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Through research, market sizing, fit, and both SWOT and ROI analysis, select vertical and sub-segment OEM markets that align with Source’s growth strategies and core competencies
- Understand OEM customer technical service needs and the end-user environments within markets such as data center, cloud, medical technology and industrial automation products
- Attend industry events to expand research and understanding of specific market segments.
- Provide in-depth knowledge, trends, industry compliance requirements, and innovations to executive leadership and sales in chosen vertical markets
- Create strategy to build out market development plan that includes industry research, industry events to attend or participate, lead acquisition, generation and messaging
- Design the strategy, testing, and execution of plans to grow the business across chosen markets using all available marketing channels
- Develop and communicate clear and consistent marketing strategies, messages and competitive selling arguments targeted for selected vertical markets
- Deliver vertical market specific education to organization and work with service delivery teams to prepare for the onboarding of new types of OEM customers
- Design and deliver vertical market specific sales enablement tools
- As part of the marketing team, monitor, manage and report on content efficacy, prospect & campaign results and overall marketing impact to management and stakeholders
- Act as resource for Source sales teams during initial engagement and provide feedback regarding service opportunities, pain points, and competitive situation
Skills & Requirements
- Understanding of end-user environments, service delivery expectations and compliance standards within chosen industries
- Track record in developing marketing plans and strategies that support revenue growth
- Experienced in OEM and Enterprise Sales environments a plus
- Skilled at market research and analysis from multiple sources
- Has the ability to quickly assess fit of new vertical markets and end-user environments
- Has the ability to quickly understand products in vertical markets chosen
- 7+ years marketing or related market/business experience
- Strong market messaging skills are a must to write market specific content and communications
- A desire to do and achieve brilliant things!
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you
- You are accountable to yourself and others
- Have critical thinking skills that drive great decisions
- You want to make a real difference
- You are creative and innovative in your approach
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. It is frequently required to operate a computer.
- This position is located at Source Support Services headquarters in Lawrenceville, GA
- This position is not qualified for telecommuting