Source Support Services
Reports To: VP of Finance & Sales Ops
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for two functions: billing of customers and light month end responsibilities. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to: processing, verifying, posting and reporting of financial data for use in maintaining accurate accounting records in NetSuite. Also, responsible for month end close processes including but not limited to journal entries, revenue recognition entries, and financial statement analysis. The Staff accountant will also be responsible for customer billing on an ad hoc/ weekly/ bi-weekly and monthly basis.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Processing service data out of SFDC to compile, process and complete billing of customers
- Billing of customer accounts on a bi-weekly, weekly or monthly basis
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Detect, research and reconcile unusual items
- Auditing and verifying documents as needed
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Engage with non-finance team members as needed to understand and better serve the company operations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA or equivalent experience in accounting/ business administration
- 2 years of corporate accounting experience
- NetSuite experience is a strong plus
- Excellent Communications skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent Computer skills, Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Organized, with the ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems
- Team player and positive attitude
- Thorough understanding of relevant aspects of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Ability to talk, hear, walk, sit and operate a computer
- Must be able to work at Source Support’s office
- email@example.com 678-835-6100