Source Support Services
Billing and Collections Staff Accountant
Reports To: VP of Finance
The Billing and Collections Accountant is primarily responsible for the day-to-day processing of accounts receivables transactions and managing the payment collections of customers. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the high-volume processing, recalculating, verifying, posting, and reporting of financial data for the use in maintaining accurate accounting records in the financial ERP system. This Accountant will also be responsible for month end journal entries, reconciliations, and maintaining balance sheet schedules. Works in a team environment maintaining the day-to-day A/R transactions and procedures.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Review, verification, and entry of customer invoices in the Financial ERP system
- Process customer payments in Financial ERP system
- Point of contact for all customers regarding collections
- Perform other task/ duties associated with accounts receivables
- Oversee and update customer files to ensure data accuracy
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Act as mediator in maintaining quality customer service and a positive company image by resolving customer account inquiries
- Perform other basic clerical and accounting duties associated with the Finance department
- Participates in departmental and organizational meetings, training, and other duties
- Light month end journal entries (reclassifications, etc.)
- Engage with non-finance team members as needed to understand and better serve the company operations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Detect, research, and reconcile unusual items
- Customer Reporting and/or ability to run queries
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- 2 years of corporate accounting experience
- Strong Excel User (pivot tables, if/then statements etc.)
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Be able to effectively analyze and make decisions on customer accounts
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- Solid understanding of consumer collections
- Expertise in customer service
- NetSuite experience is a strong plus
- Organized, with the ability to work independently, take initiative and solve problems
- Team player and positive attitude
Physical Demand & Work Environment
- Ability to talk, hear, walk, sit and operate a computer
- Must be able to work at Source Support’s office
3505 Newpoint Place
Lawrenceville, GA 30043