Source Support Services
HR Office Assistant
Organization/Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Sr. Director of Human Resources
The HR Office Assistant will perform administrative duties related to the operations of the Human Resource office, Facilities and Executive Management team. Performing a range of basic office support activities, the HR Office Assistant will answer phones and direct calls, greet and direct visitors, answer questions and perform routine clerical, data entry, and/or word processing work as assigned.
The HR Office Assistant may work on special projects and assemble highly confidential and sensitive information. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers telephones, route calls, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquiries; maintains log of inquiries as required.
- Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to department and office staff.
- Performs a variety of routine assignments as appropriate to the position; draft basic correspondence, enter data, and print letters, labels, reports, and/or other materials; types and mails form letters.
- Copies and/or duplicates materials as requested; may oversee day-to-day operation of the front desk, conference rooms, employee break room and office facilities.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents.
- Perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
- Schedule or assist in scheduling appointments, meetings, and/or conferences, as appropriate to the position.
- Order, stock, and distribute office supplies and snacks.
- May run various routine errands, as required, for the department and facilities.
- May process required paperwork for employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment matters.
- May assist with preparation of human resource reports such as attendance, new hire, headcount, and turnover reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Administrative training required.
- Two years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to anticipate needs and learn new skills as needed.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to type 60 words a minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, supply boxes and deliveries, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Source Support Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Source Support Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Source Support Services expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Source Support Services’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
3505 Newpoint Place
Lawrenceville, GA 30043