TITLE: Sales Account Executive
Reports To: Sales Director
Source Support Services, a world leader in global technical product support and services has been growing at a tremendous pace. To maximize our new business growth potential in the coming year, we are actively searching for aggressive and experienced Account Executive (AE) sales professionals to work closely with our Sales executive leaders to join our team and help Source continue on its excellent growth pace.
The Sales Account Executive (AE) will work directly for the Sales Director with a key function of growing the new business within Source. This person will work closely with the Sales Director for a specific region/territory/vertical market, and manages lead generation, qualification and attacking (cold calling) activities, while working and assisting in managing the pipeline with the Sales Director. The AE will be responsible for ensuring the upkeep of the sales database for his or her region as well as quoting and presenting to prospective customers. The AE will also be responsible for the onboarding and expanding of newly signed accounts signed by his or her team, to ensure an efficient and effective onboarding that maximizes revenue potential as quickly as possible. The AE will establish and maintain not only high level (C, and VP) as well as operational level relationships with all customers in his or her region, they must be an excellent communicator, documenter and enjoy working in a team environment.
The Account Executives at Source will benefit from an attractive compensation structure based around a strong base salary, commission and bonus program to ensure focused new business attack and delivery of clear objectives.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating new business accounts to comply with current company growth goals
- Research, find and identify new potential customers that fit Source Supports Sales strategy for growth
- Contact and work closely with new & existing customer/partners to identify sales growth opportunities within each account
- Collaborate with marketing and customer success support and product management to facilitate new sales programs, messages, campaigns, and offerings
- Provide effective customer presentations of Source Support’s capabilities on a regular basis to new and existing accounts.
- Ensure handoffs to Customer Success & operations are well communicated, executed and exceed the customer’s satisfaction
- Ensure reporting and communications are frequent and bi-directional
- Identify and develop relationships with C-level executives who are prospective clients or business partners for new business referrals
- Proactively support key specific existing accounts in all RFQs/RFPs and sales quotes.
- Handle a variety of administrative responsibilities including sales CRM (salesforce.com) database management
Position Task & Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- College Degree and minimum 2 years’ experience in an inside sales environment with a successful sales track record
- Knowledge of the IT, medical and industrial equipment industries is preferred, but not mandatory
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as Salesforce.com CRM
- Must be willing to occasionally work extra hours and with a keen sense of urgency
- Must be able to multi-task and have excellent follow-up and follow-thru abilities
- Demonstrated success with Relationship marketing and Consultative Sales activities resulting in revenue generation through new business development
- Works continuously towards self-development to stay current on information technology services
- Strong sense of ownership for Source Support’s sales success and achieving personal objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills in person, by telephone and through the use of current technology
- Excellent documentation skills are required daily (via salesforce CRM)
- Communication Proficiency & listening skills
- Results Driven with a sense of urgency
- Organizational & Time Management Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear, and walk during the course of employment. It is frequently required to operate a computer, phone, copier and other office equipment in the course of a day.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This may include warm, hot or cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Although the position is based in Atlanta, it does require flexibility with up to 20% of travel, primarily out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.